We are committed to building a strong, vibrant and respected banking industry in which fraud is significantly reduced.
Fostering transparency, encouraging debate, good governance and best international practices in the banking industry, thereby ensuring Public Confidence and alignment with the Uganda's national interest
- Protection, development and representation of the professional business interests of UBA members
- Develop and maintain a code of ethics and good banking practice to guide all its members in their working relationships with their customers and among themselves
- To encourage and assist where possible in research related to Banking or other matters/ areas of direct interest to the Association and or its members.
- To establish contacts and encourage exchange of information and technical know how among its members
- To work closely with BoU and UIB and other institutions in promoting financial sector training, professionalism and general excellence in the sector
- To cooperate or affiliate with any other organization, institution, local authority, federation chamber or other bodies whose objectives are substantially similar to those of the Association.
- To promote and secure industrial peace and harmonious relations and facilitate good relations between its members their employees and clients.
- To encourage promote and effect the settlement of disputes of a general nature affecting the collective interests of its members.
- To exchange information and take other necessary steps to prevent fraud in the Banking sector.
- To do all other things necessary or desirable in furthering the interests of Banking and the sector.